Re: Spit 1500 fuel tank capacity? BTDT Simple check up

To: "Tim Gaines" <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>, <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 fuel tank capacity? BTDT Simple check up
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:33:40 -0500
Ha!  BTDT.
By appearance... I had very similar symptoms.

I finally notice the rear of tank had been ever so
slightly dented in just in the right place to distort
the 'as mounted' plane of the sender unit.

The float at the end of the sender was getting
hung up on the back side of the 'vertical siphon
tube'  that  just happens the perfectly intersect
the arc of the float arm depending on tank level.

I pulled out hard (3 fingers in a heavy work glove)
on the opening and pulled the back of the tank
out just a bit to change the clearance.

Now it reads full when full and about 2 needle widths
of the gauge below empty when I run it out.
(which by the way is not a good thing to do....
slurp out all that crap in the bottom of the tank and all)
:-)

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com

the back surface of the tank had been slightly
dented in (like the DPO throwing the tire in the trunk) from
either
(like the DPO