TR7 BFH#38

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 BFH#38
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:24:01 EST
I thought I had done and EXCELLENT job of labeling all the electrical leads
when I took out the engine -- at least the leads that actually went
somewhere...

But I need confirmation on the primary leads, which apparently I thought I
would simply remember, but now am not so sure....

First, there is a grounding strap that runs from the body to the bell housing
-- I guess to ground the engine?

Next, it looks like the negative battery lead just bolts to the firewall?

Now the biggie, I assume the positive lead goes to the starter, but so does
the ignition/starter lead and an associated smaller clip-on lead, and I don't
remember which goes where.  If you are facing the starter, from the front of
the car, it seems that the battery lead goes on the left terminal, and the
ignition/starter lead on the right terminal.  I only say this because the way
the wires are bent, the smaller clip-on lead and ignition/starter lead seem
"happiest" on the right.

Now there's good sound electrical logic, right?  I'll bet Lucas would hire me
in a flash...

So, any verification from anyone?  Oh, and it's raining again....

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC