Re: TR3B / TR4 valve covers - whats original?

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3B / TR4 valve covers - whats original?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:48:18 EST
In a message dated 12/16/00 3:05:23 PM EDT, greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

> Hmmm, something just ocurred to me. These valve covers "have" to be for the
>  TR4 and not just TR3 left-overs... Didn't they move the filler from the
>  front on the TR3 to that back on the TR4? P'raps a clearance thing with
the
>  lower bonnet?

Right. My (ok, now Brad's, whenever he gets here to retrieve it) TR3B valve
cover has the plug AND the filler at the rear of the motor (older vented
style filler cap, though). It, in fact, matches another early TR4 valve cover
I have in my "parts"; my TR3A valve cover has the oil filler at the front, of
course.

Then there's that later TR4/4A valve cover I have, with the newer-style
filler cap at the rear and a vent pipe a bit "east" of the spot where the
older TR4 valve cover had the brass plug.

Any other variants I've missed? I might want to complete my collection (and
early painted TR2  or Vanguard-style valve covers don't count)! :-)

--Andy Mace