Chrome strip for windshield

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome strip for windshield
From: Dietmar Schlei <dschlei@pressenter.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 23:14:04 -0600
Hi List

I need some help and advise.  I have just replaced the windshield frame
seal on my 1963 TR4 and have a real hard time to get the original chrome
strip (the one that sits in the gasket around the winshield) back into
place.  I know that it needs to snapp-in but it is not willing to do
that,  I sprayed silicone into the groove and onto the bead of the strip,
but it did not help!

Any tip/suggestion how I can get that thing in?

HHope that somebody can help me with this problem!

Dietmar Schlei

1963 TR4
1938 Olds Bus. Coupe
1998 GMC Allwheel Drive Safari Van
2000 Chevy 4 Door Tracker 4X4

(the later two are much better for the winter driving here in North Western
Wisconsin)