TR7 BFH#40

To: "INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com" <Eganb@aol.com>
Subject: TR7 BFH#40
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:19:33 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "[unknown]" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com
>So, what the heck, I took off the wires, rearranged them in 1-3-4-2 order
on
the cap, and gave it a shot.  The engine started IMMEDIATELY.

I only ran the engine for about thirty seconds, then shut it down.  My
handy
dandy $14 oil pressure gauge got up to 50 lbs. pressure.  There is still
has
some air in line for the gauge, so maybe if I purge it the pressure will be

higher, but is that in the ball park for idling?
<

Congratulations!  Sure gives you a good feeling when this happens, doesn't
it?  A lot better than just writing a check to the garage.

Purging the air out of the gauge line will not give you a higher reading.
The pressure in the system is the same thruout.  Purging the air may give
you a faster reading but not a higher reading.  As for what it should be?
I don't know what a TR7 should read.  When you do a V8 conversion ask
again.

Dave