Re: Things to do with the LBC...

Subject: Re: Things to do with the LBC...
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:00:54 -0800
Cc: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Raoul :

Raoul Rodriguez wrote:

> 6) The speedometer part deux.  It doesn't register the proper
> speed.  If it indicates I am doing 50 mph, I am really doing
> 60... how do I adjust it?

This sounds suspiciously like someone has changed either the speedo
head, or the rear end ratio.  If so, the odometer and trip meter will
also read low.  Check out Tony Rhode's article at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes/Speedo.html on speedo
calibration.

> 7) The distributor has a dead vacuum advance, so to get the car
> to run well the timing is off.  The car runs GREAT, but I would
> like to get it running better so I can tune the carb properly.
> I would like to get a new advance, or failing that, a new
> distributor, any ideas where I can get a good one?  A couple
> places that I have called don't seem to be able to get ahold of one...

Try taking the advance to your local "Auto Electric" shop and see if
they can get it rebuilt.  I got my "NLS" unit rebuilt several years ago,
it works fine.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver