Re: Rare TR6 a.EDU>

To: David Rogers <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com.au>
Subject: Re: Rare TR6 a.EDU>
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 21:12:35 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumph Digest List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
Not exactly.  You COULD buy the TR-6 with original air conditioning.
These were usually sold in Florida, and California.  They generally came
with York A/C, as used on Ford products.  I don't know if this was
strictly dealer-installed.  However, they did work just fine, as I have
seen them, and drivien them.

Cheers.

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, David Rogers wrote:

>     Browsing the TR sales sites brought up a gem of a rare 74 TR6.
> www.wilsonmotorco.com (in Washington MO) shows a red TR6 with "factory air
> conditioning". I guess the car has been modified and the salesman is a bit
> too young to realise that REAL sports cars came off the line without all
> today's creature comforts.

James A. Ruffner