TR7 BFH - Finis

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 BFH - Finis
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:10:57 EST
Last Friday, after running the engine for 30 minutes, we replaced oil/filter.
 Today we took our victory lap, slowly, around the neighborhood.  We kept it
under 2000 RPM, but the engine sounds fine, clutch felt good, no weird noises
from the tranny and the oil pressure stays around 50 psi.

Also we added the pre-heat hose which had been missing since we got the car.
To do so, we had to patch the pre-heat assembly that bolts to the exhaust
manifold.  Once again, J&B Weld came to the rescue.  And the engine
definitely seems happier running in cold weather with pre-warmed air.

The only thing left at this point is that the engine seems to be sitting up
higher than before, and I'm not sure the hood is going to go back on!  I'll
check under the car this week to make sure I didn't install the bottom motor
mount upside down -- hey it could happen!....

I've got lots of other things to work on, including no horn, a heater which
doesn't want to heat, rust holes to patch on the floor pans, drooping
headlight,etc., so you'll probably hear from me again.  Ok, I can hear the
groans from here...

Finally, I can't thank all of you enough for the assistance you gave us over
the past three months.  There were definitely some dark moments, but your
advice and humor always bailed us out.  My son learned a tremendous amount,
both about engines and about people helping each other.

It's been years since I worked on my father's MGB, and I had forgotten how
close knit the owners of LBCs are.  If any of you are passing through Chapel
Hill, North Carolina, drop me a line.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Now, where the heck did those Triumph guys hide the horn relay...

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC