Re: TR6 Engine Reassembly

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Reassembly
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:07:45 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Robert,
Thanks for the reply.  I did work through the thrust washer issue, and did
decide that 0.0075 inches is fine.  I'm within specs, and have heard that
less is better, but too little can be bad too.  I had also heard of 0.0025"
washers, but searching and inquiring turned up that they just don't seem to
exist anymore.

I'm currently onto bigger things.  The engine is together, and I just
finished aligning all the body panels on the tub -- a long day, but it sure
looks great.  I'm block sanding now, and will paint it the weekend after New
Years -- original Pimento Red.

After this, I'll be placing the engine back into the '6.

Thanks again.
Eric
CF52678U (+O)