RE: [spitfire-enthusiast] RE: philosophy (virus warning)

To: "Paul Tegler" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Subject: RE: [spitfire-enthusiast] RE: philosophy (virus warning)
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:52:56 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfire-Enthusiast" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Paul,

Most of the time you're right, but unfortunately in this case, you are
wrong.  I will send you the source code of the w32.kak.worm virus if you
wish.  It utilizes holes in MS Outlook/OE and attaches itself to the any
outgoing HTML email.  It attaches itself via the "signature" file.  Outlook
will *automatically* run the HTML if you have the preview pane on.  It will
attempt to run the active X program if you open the just the email.... not
an attachment.  If you have the latest security updates installed on
outlook, you will get an error message, not the virus.   Email me back if
you want me to send you a text file of the source code.

Bill