re: sPLIT dASH

To: "bradlnss@lightspeed.net" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: sPLIT dASH
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:21:00 -0500
Brad, Carl

I have a TR4a CT73336L which appears to have a "book matched"  walnut
veneer.  It is definitely original to the car.

Incidentally, I made a 3 section book matched burl veneer dash for another
4A.  The book matching is a major pain on the neck!

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>

Carl,

The split grain is exactly as you describe. Most of the dash (facia) panels
I have seen at car shows are not split and matched, just a single piece of
veneer. I have never seen a TR250 or TR6 with split (mirror) grain panels.
Yours being mahogany is interesting...I understand from a recent posting
that wood panels were offered as an aftermarket accessory for the TR4 prior
to them becoming the factory standard.

Perhaps the one you have is just that.

Does anyone on the list have further details...

Brad
<