Re: Tires for my 1976 TR6- or how about a TR4A?

To: "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>, "Scott Bloomer" <flaedersaft@juno.com>, <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Tires for my 1976 TR6- or how about a TR4A?
From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:48:13 -0800
Cc: <ConwayNYC@AOL.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I, too, have a TR4A under a complete redo. Bought the 72 spoke wires
(6" wide) from TRF on sale, but haven't put on the rubber yet, so this
is grrrrrreat timing! (I hear you snickering in the background, stop
it!)

The front mounts have been replaced with the double bolt TR6 brackets,
but no added gussets. I broke a mount many years ago on a HUGE pothole
and had reinforced the welds then. If the gussets really work, now is
the time, so any feedback is appreciated. The rear got the newer
heavier springs. Poly bushings everywhere.

On the rubber size issue, sounds like the list recommends the
205/70R15's as the best bet. I was also looking at the 215/70R15 since
they're 6" wide but worried about the extra width causing some rubbing
on tight corners.

John in San Diego
'67 TR4-A IRS
'71 P1800E Volvo (almost a lbc!)