Re: road trips

To: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: road trips
From: Jeff Johnson <76TR6@flashcom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:43:45 -0500
Guess I've reached that point where I want to preserve my hearing,
eyesight, and everything  else that you notice that begins to diminish when
you reach a certain age. Like knees that groan when you squat. Like that
sinus headache you get when you have been sanding and haven't been wearing
your respirator. I've been so wrapped up in restoration lately that when I
forget to take off all my safety equip. and I go next door to the shop, I
get laughed at because I look like  a gladiator at best or an alien, what
with the respirator, goggles and hearing protectors.
I know that in today's world wearing a leather flight helmet while driving
your LBC might look goofy, but hey, those early sports car drivers knew
something about protecting their eardrums. Think about it- today we travel
about as fast in our cars as they did in their aeroplanes.

As for rock concerts, the last one I went to was George Thorogood at the
Newport in Columbus, OH. Couldn't hear for 3 days and have no desire to do
that again.

Jeff Johnson