Re: Seat Placement

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Placement
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:21:51 -0700
Cc: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Phil Ethier wrote:

> Sam ting with my early TR4.  These seats are identical to, or at least very
> similar to, the TR3A seats.  The driver seat is the solid one now.  I'd like
> to keep it that way.  Several folks said that is OK.  One fellow has
> emphatically stated that the hinged seat is supposed to be the driver seat
> and the fixed seat is supposed to be the passenger seat.  That may be, but I
> would like that setup less.

FWIW your car, my car, all the others we've heard from, the Moss catalog...
seems like a consensus countered by one emphatic fellow. That and, if I
were building a car with only one tilt seat, I'd put the seat on the side that
didn't require the driver to get out so a rear seat passenger could get in.

That said, on a RHD car I suppose the fixed seat would be on the right, and
a conversion could leave the seats on the "wrong" side.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO