Herald Compression

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Herald Compression
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:15:56 -0500
Ok Guys,
Here's a little question for you. I just got the engine running tonight, for
the first time in a number of years, and decided to do an unloaded compression
test(all 4 plugs out)

My readings were, front to back (1-4) 130/110/150/150  Number two seemed low,
and 3&4 seemed high. I wet tested #2, and there was no change.

My engine is a GD 1250 Herald engine, I am unsure of the exact bore- stock or
rebore I don't know.

Could the difference be caused by the lack of run time, and will level or
improve with use? I also wonder if it could be the valves need looking into- I
just adjusted them, though they were pretty close on exact. (I only needed to
adjust about three out of the eight)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible what goes putt now