RE: parts washer

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: RE: parts washer
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:20:39 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "[unknown]" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Ken Waringa"
>Fred, I too am using the NAPA degreaser, with about the same success that
you seem to be having, marginal.  Reading the can it is just mineral
spirits.  I don't know if it's the same mineral spirits that you can buy at
Wal  Mart  for $1.99 a gallon or not.  Any suggestions you get that are not
posted to the list would you please forward to me.
<

Excuse me.   Are we talking about the type of parts washer with an electric
pump?  If so be very carefull what you put in to them.  Using a flamable
fluid with too low a flash point is a recipe for disaster.  The trick to
good parts cleaning is time.  Let the stuff soak overnight if you can.

Best to be carefull.  Read the unit's instructions.

Dave