TR2-6 water pump impeller

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2-6 water pump impeller
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 16:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
I see on the Racestorations website that they list a certain water pump
impeller:

http://www.racetorations.co.uk/catalogue/water_1.html

"Multi hooked blade - six blades to fit all existing types of Tr2-6 Waterpump.
Straight replacement for existing impellors. Cut off the old - press on the
new. Dramatic increase in water circulation and cooling with this modification.
Needs to run with water inhibitor."

But, I understood in the past that only the new style water pumps could take
the new style impellers. At 29.50 pounds I may like to go for this, but don't
want to proceed without confirmation that it really will work on my OLD style
pump.
Any input appreciated....
Thanks,
Jim Wallace
 PS what is water inhibitor? does it scare away the water?