RE: Throttle Pedal Shaft Bushings

To: "Rick Murray" <murray54@bellsouth.net>, " " <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Throttle Pedal Shaft Bushings
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:17:01 -0600
Rick asked:
has anyone replaced the bushings and what is the easiest
way/difficulties?  It looks easy, but you know how that goes!

BTDT!!!  Throttle pedal shaft bushing replacement is straightforward.
However, both the Bentley and Haynes left out some critical steps that
should be followed.

Here's the order I suggest following:

1) Remove throttle pedal shaft (note, you may have to remove the clutch and
brake pedal box to do this effectively)
2) Inspect the pedal box that holds clutch and brake pedals.  Remove,
refurbish pedal shafts, and repaint box.
3) Cut out old bushings
4) Use one finger (two if you are slightly built) to hold bushing up to hole
from the engine bay.  (note, you may find that the engine block hinders your
progress).
5) Remove engine block
6) Now you can get inside the engine bay to work the bushing into the hole,
unobstructed.
7) Now you can either replace the engine, or begin a full restoration.
8) Reverse instructions 1 - 6

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!  Are you sure you want to replace the
throttle bushings?  I left mine for my resto.

Eric