Sandblast rear axle OK?

To: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Sandblast rear axle OK?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 00:07:06 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by a Wallace
>I have the rear axle with brake backing plates, axles, and drums off the
car, as an assembly. Would it be taking a chance to sandblast the whole
thing? Are there holes that need to be plugged to make it a safe
proposition?
Thanks,
Jim
<

Jim,  I was going to do this with my TR8 axle but I was talked out of it
since the sand will get everywhere (it comes out of the gun at very high
speed) and will likely find it's way into the internals.  Not worth the
risk.  I ended up using a wire brush and sandpaper.  PITA but less than
replacing the rear axle.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

Dave