RE: Spring 2001 Fund Drive

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Mark J Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spring 2001 Fund Drive
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:51:42 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of David Massey
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 11:24 AM
To: Mark J Bradakis
Cc: [unknown]
Subject: Spring 2001 Fund Drive

Message text written by Mark J Bradakis
>So taking a cue from my favorite radio station here in Salt Lake City,
KRCL ( www.krcl.org ) I've started semi-annual fund drives to raise a few
bucks to cover my out of pocket costs. <

>From time to time I send parts to list members who express a need.  I don't
sell the parts, I give them away.  This is a hobby, after all.  Most folks
feel guilty about takeing parts and not giving back in return.
Concequently, when I am asked how much I want for a particular part I have
begun to advocate making a contribution to the list instead.  After all,
the parts I send off are extras (I am not giving away anything I think I
will need) and other than postage (which can be less than a dollar and why
spend 33 cents to mail a check for a buck?) I am not out anything.  In
fact, I now have more available space, the part didn't go to a land fill
and someone who needed it now is putting it to good use.  Reward enough for
me.

Parts-For-Contributions.  What a concept.

Dave Massey

Dear Dave:

What a great idea.  I just spent three days cleaning the garage and will
offer my horde.  Anyone willing to contribute to the list can have access.
Post a note if you need something and if I can help, it's yours for a good
conscience donation to the list.  Actually, this eases my conscience a bit
for the lack of a recent donation.

This could work well for all involved.

Ken Gano