Are the mounting holes on my lever shock supposed to be oblong like

To: flaedersaft@juno.com
Subject: Are the mounting holes on my lever shock supposed to be oblong like
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: Scott Bloomer <flaedersaft@juno.com>
Scott wrote:

List,

First of all I would like to bring to your attention the
excellent service provided by Peter Caldwell at World
Wide Auto Parts. He found a pair of excellent used
shock links for a very good price and had them on my
doorstep the next day. Cheap, fast, and he threw in some
good advice free of charge. I highly recommend his service(NFI).

I had known he could find those shock links at the time though!

....The lever provides stiff resistance in both directions but the outboard
hole is noticeably elongated.....Anybody have any advice or clever ideas?
TIA, Scott

kind of tube or bushing to whose inner diameter is the size of the original
hole. Or, perhaps you could enlarge the hole in the mounting bracket as well
and just use bigger bolts.

Regards,
Jim