RE: TR6 switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 switch
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:07:39 +0930
> Steve, It could be any number of things, most likely:
>
> 1. Heater motor drawing too much current
> 2. Short circuit in the wiring
>
> Joe

There's also another possibility - one of the terminals on the top of the
heater switch may in fact be in contact with the metal sub-frame of the
dash. This the shorts the power feed for the heater motor to the negative
rail (ie the car body), with the obvious result. To fix it, either put some
heat shrink tubing over the terminal, or bend the terminal so it's no longer
in contact with the body, or both (to be completely anal - which is what I
did).

Hope this helps,

Frank Biedermann
1969 TR6 PI