FW: TR6 Oil Lines

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: TR6 Oil Lines
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 08:47:06 -0500
If replacing an oil line or vacuum line seems excessive when cleaning out the
inside might work, try using an old guitar string. I have a friend who has
played guitar for 25 years and I ask him for used strings occasionally for this
purpose. They vary in size and the thicker ones have a rough exterior that works
as a mild abrasive. These are good for cleaning holes in parts and tubes of all
kinds. You want the metal ones not the nylon ones. The thinnest one will easily
fit a small vacuum line or oil line.

I good cheap tool IMHO.

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'