Aiyeee!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aiyeee!
From: "John Day" <Dayj@inac.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:52:29 -0400
This might be bandwidth waste to some, but I just wanted to shout it (in e-mail
form) from the rooftops - I had the TR6 out for a spin last night, and suddenly
all the months of snowbound frustration are gone! I firrst turned the engine
over with the coil disconnected, to spread some oil around the rockers &
galleys, then hooked the battery up and - voila - it caught instantly and
settled into a nice (choked) high idle, just as it's done for the nearly 22
years I've had it. Once it was suitably warm (this is Ottawa - I myself won't
be suitably warm until June!), I went for a quick spin around the
neighbourhood. All gauges showed good working order, the OD kicked in when
requested, etc.  Like the Kia commercial says, 'Aiyeee!!'

Now the next order of business will be to fire up the 3A, then turn to cleaning
the garage. Those Listers who have contacted me off-list regarding some spares,
take heart - I can now properly get at my boxes of bits the TR6 was blocking,
so I'll start having a better look-see (that means you too, CdeW!)

It looks to be a great season - our club has some good driving/social events
planned, plus there's always the Vintage GP at the Glen in Sept. Perfect to
cure the winter 'blahs'. Maybe I won't sell the cars after all!

Cheers, JD :->
Triumphs are meant to be 'driven'!