Stag V8 in a TR

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stag V8 in a TR
From: "WILSON,Todd (Dewrsb)" <Todd.Wilson@dewrsb.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:42:06 +1000 (EST)
Hi List,

Just finished reading through my weekend collection of digests, and in
amongst them was somebody musing as to whether a Stag V8 would go into a TR.
I remember seeing a TR5 with a Stag V8 in an issue of Triumph World a while
back. Unfortunately can't remember whether the owner commented on how easy
the swap was. But it has been done. If anyone wants to know, I can dig back
through my collection and check for you. Maybe I should have got Dad to slot
his spare Stag engine in the TR6 while he was restoring it...

On a side note, the ongoing concern with Stag engines has more to do with
poor engine rebuilders than the engine itself (OK, those timing chains are a
joke & the water pump isn't much better) - the Stag that I had my father
rebuilt the engine carefully and it was my daily driver while living in a
major city (Sydney, Australia) often having to cope with long traffic delays
in very hot weather and never missed a beat, no overheating, etc. And those
Stag engines rev like crazy & sound fantastic.

My $0.02 worth...

Cheers,
Todd Wilson
Canberra, Australia
Spitfire Mk3 part converted to GT6 running gear
http://www.gt6.com <http://www.gt6.com/>

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.