Leaking TR-6 windshield seal

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Leaking TR-6 windshield seal
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:42:04 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>I learned that my windshield leaks.

It leaks between the glass and the rubber seal.

As hard as those things are to get in, I figured it would keep the water
out.

Anyway . . . has anyone else had this problem and fixed it.
(Don't say put in a new windshield. . . .please.)

Is there a better way than clear silicone along the joint?

<

Scott,

My windshield leaked until I replaced the seal.  In fact it still leaked
until I sealed the seam (where the ends meet) with black silicone RTV.
It's fine now.

Do not use clear silicone.  Clear silicone will react badly with ultaviolet
light and will not last.  (Ask me how I know)

Dave