TR4 Tub-Paint v. Blast Bare

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Tub-Paint v. Blast Bare
From: "Michael Cook" <carrera@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:37:23 -0400
A BIG BTDT, leave the paint alone if at all possible!!
You'll end up with a much better result-the metal will not have been
pulverized, and you won't be at the mercy of the day's humidity. A lot of
wasted time later, my car is 100%.
Don't ask me how I know this....

Mike
'73 TR6
_________________

> If the original paint is still on the tub you should consider leaving it
> there. Bare metal starts to rust in nanoseconds, and you can't even buy
the
> type of paint that was originally on these cars anymore. It might sound
good
> to say "I took it down to bare metal" but there's really no reason to do
it
> unless you are making big repairs.
Cheers,
John Matthews