Three Point Belts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Three Point Belts
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:26:07 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I was poking through the Moss catalogue for TR6 recently and noticed there
are several "options" regarding replacement seat belts. However from the
pictures, I am completely unable to understand exactly what is what.

It looks like the inertia reel belts that they show are (part no. 222-005)
are merely lap belts and that the only three points that they do show are
not inertia reel.

I'd really like to improve my street car's belts, as they are nearly 30
years old, are somewhat "sun faded" and are most likely to keep the
occupants "near the scene" as opposed to within the car in the event of a
shunt.

My question to the list - is anyone using any of these belts? If so, I'd
like to know any particulars. I'd really like to use the 222-005, but I'd
like more than a lap belt.

Note: I'm typically weeks/months/years behind on the list. I'd prefer
direct e-mail responses. I can summarize and repost if there is any
interest in the is subject.

Happy roads.
rml