Re: Registering Abandoned Calif Spitfire - epilog

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Registering Abandoned Calif Spitfire - epilog
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:41:40 -0700
The combined wisdom of the list triumphs again.

Upon further inspection, the abandoned Spitfire is a 1978.  This alone is
enough to deter me.  I have dealt with our silly smog laws for too many
years and realize it would be too much of a headache to try to get this old
clunker to pass.  Also, it has not been registered since 1990.  11 years of
back registration and penalties could be $1,000 - $1,500.  No thanks.

But on the plus side, it is a virtually rust free California car.  The hood
has surface rust, but the rest of the body is straight and rust free.  No
salty road cancer is bubbling under it's skin.  It only has 48,000 on the
odometer.  And 3 of the tires still have some air in them!

I propose that it would be a great project for the So Cal Triumph Club.
Randall?  What do you think?  No?  I didn't think so.  But it was worth a
shot.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Paul Willou
64 TR4 (daily driver)((no smog checks for me for about 5 years now))