TR4: spin-on oil filter cross-ref?

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4: spin-on oil filter cross-ref?
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:49:19 -0600
The Purolator spin on filter I got came with a sheet that
mentioned a couple filter numbers, the only one of which
I could find at the time was the Fram. Can't find the sheet
now either. That Fram filter number was superceded by
PH966B. This is a fairly short filter -- compared to the
deep can original -- and I'm looking for the correct
Purolator or Wix numbers. Anyone?

I don't know if the spin-on adaptors are the same for
all models? It they're the same as for TR6, I have the
following numbers from previous posts, including a
different Fram number (PH3600, Eric Conrad). Since
the Fram numbers don't match, I figured there must
be some difference in different TR applications:

Motorcraft FL400 (Dave Massey)
NAPA Gold 1516 (made by Wix, Erik Quackenbush)
Mobil1 M20 (Brian Sanborn, off the top of his head)
AC Delco PFL400A (Chad Jester)

Finally, I didn't find any markings on the spin-on
adaptor aside from the Purolator name and trademark
info.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO