Re: spin-on oil filter cross-ref?

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spin-on oil filter cross-ref?
From: "Adrian" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:49:46 +0100
Hi Steve and the list,

Fram PH966B was, until recently, the most common and cheapest oil filter in
UK (I pay equivalent of $1.00 each). It had so many applications, Mini and
Ford Escort being the most common.

This filter may not be entirely correct as it is designed to be used in the
upright position only, not at an angle and definitely not on its side. If
used at any angle at all then the Ford Fiesta OHV filter must be used. It
has a non return device fitted, thereby retaining the oil in the filter when
parked up. As my ref. books are at work I can not give a part number. But
can supply on request.

I do hope this helps.

I do also have a cheap source for TR4 standard filter cartridges if any one
is interested. Made by Fram in UK.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A