Radio little LBC content

To: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio little LBC content
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:22:04 -0400
Message text written by "Ken Gano"
>I think I have decided to try and install a radio in the TR3.  I have a
nice
JBL brand AM/FM cassette that came out of the wife's '92 mini van.  My
problem is that I have no information as to wiring it up.  There are two 7
pin plugs on the back and one two pin plug as well as an antenna input.

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to how to figure out which pin
correspond to what output?
<

A radio in a TR3???!!!  Harrumph

Ken,  You might try Radio Shack.  They have wire harnesses for installing
after market radios in cars that plug into the car's existing wiring.  Of
course what you need is the opposite but the harness may include the
information as to what each wire does.

Alternatively, a wiring diagram from the shop manual for the 92 van may
tell you what you need to know.  Maybe you can get the mating connectors
from a similar van at the second hand car parts emporium.

Good luck

Dave