Re: Master cylinder seals

To: "Brad ." <brad1184@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Master cylinder seals
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 22:52:44 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brad,

It goes on with difficulty.  Try lubricating with Girling rubber grease if
some came with your kit. Otherwise, lubricate with brake fluid.   Then try
to work it over the end of the piston and if necessary, use a screwdriver
through the hole to stretch it so that it goes over the end of the piston.

Nelson

>    HI
>   i just bought a kit for the brake master cylinder with new seals and
all.
> I'm not sure how to get the seal over the plunger....i got the old one off
> just by prying with a screwdriver....but i am afraid that this would ruin
> the new seal....anyone done this before I could really use some help.
thanx