Re: Heater Wiring

Subject: Re: Heater Wiring
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 21:17:16 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Justin :

Assuming you mean a TR2/3, the wiring instructions are in the factory
manual, in the body section, pages 13 and 14.  They call for the ground
lead to be secured to the LH dash bracket by one of it's forward screws,
the other wire goes through a bullet connector to the rheostat mounted
on the dash, the hot wire from the rheostat goes to the hot side of the
wiper switch.  That connection doesn't make sense for cars after
TS12567, since the switch for the self-parking wipers doesn't have a hot
side.  I haven't been able to find a reference, but the hot side of the
ignition switch, or the starter switch, should do fine.

Randall
59 TR3A