Thanks re: O/D oil

To: "Triumphs@autox. Team. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks re: O/D oil
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 00:28:13 -0400
A hearty thanks to all who responded to my inquiry for the proper oil to use
in my A-type O/D.  Many responses, but I decided against using the 80/90wt
gear oil I had previously purchased and went with Valvoline 50wt Racing Oil.
Purrs like a champ.  This whole episode came up due to a needed ring gear
replacement and re-orientation.  Ran across the dreaded broken clutch cross
shaft pin.  Everything looked good as is backed out normally, but then I
noticed it was a bit short.  Damn!!!

Proceeded to cut through the cross shaft and replace it, the fork and pin.
Happy to report that all is back in the car and it runs like a champ.

Ashford Little
70' TR6 w/ A-type O/D