Re: Electric Fan Relay on a 1980 Spit

To: seanan@crosslink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fan Relay on a 1980 Spit
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:29:07 EDT
In a message dated 5/3/2001 5:43:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
seanan@crosslink.net writes:

> I discovered the relay was missing and the connector was hanging close to
> the firewall.  I just need to grab a new relay and try it out.  Would a 30
> amp 12V relay from radio shack do the job or should I go for the one listed
> in VB/Moss/Spitbits/TRF catalogs?

Sean,

A Radio Shack relay will work just fine, and save a lot of money. The pin
equivalencies are:

W1 = 85
W2 = 86
C1 = 30
C2 = 87

The "letter" terminals are on the Lucas relay, the "number" terminals are on
the aftermarket relay.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm