Re: TR3/4 Cooling System Pipe

To: Suggitt <rsuggitt@speedline.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3/4 Cooling System Pipe
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 20:19:59 -0400
Rob, you are correct...your 8" is not enough. The pipe is approx 10 7/8"
long and has a 20 degree bend in it about 3" from the end. The bend is on
the bottom end and I would imagine it is needed to allow for proper
clearance between the tube and other engine parts.

About 35 years ago, on my first TR3, I had to remove the tube and have it
brazed because it had been rubbing against something and finally wore a
pinhole in the tube. Don't know if you'll be able to make do with a straight
tube, but at the very least, it'll have to be longer. Or perhaps a visit to
AutoZone for a longer rubber hose would do the trick. Just be sure nothing
rubs against anything or you'll be back in there before long.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry