Mystery recessed box on TR6 firewall x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mystery recessed box on TR6 firewall x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 20:09:25 -0400
Listers:

My '75 TR6 has an recessed rectangular "box" on the firewall, driver's
side between the battery and the fender - closest to the fender.  It's
about 6"X2" . Some have speculated that it may have  been part of an air
conditioning unit. I've been to three car shows in the past two months
and I've not found another TR6 that has it.  This recess is not some
after market or DPO rig, it look very "factory".

Does anyone know for sure?

Many thanks.

Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, VA