No Reverse lights - TR6

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: No Reverse lights - TR6
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 14:14:31 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Last weekend I helped my younger brother sort out intermittently
nonfunctioning rear lights (reverse, turn, running & brake) on the '72
TR6 he just acquired -  the source of the problems turned out to be
corrosion within the lamp sockets, between the body of the socket and
the small brass tang  which contacts the body of the bulb - on the
ground side.  We were able to get everything burning properly by
carefully soldering the lamp contacting brass tang to the body of the
socket - restoring a good ground. He went ahead and ordered new sockets,
one of each type - symptoms were just as you describe. brgds, Jay

'64 TR4 CT38895/LO