15 year stopped GT6 part 2

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 15 year stopped GT6 part 2
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:02:34 -0400
    Ok.  I finally managed to get the car home yesterday.  I tried to change
the points and condensers with a set that were supplied by the previous owner,
but they didn't seem to fit.  The condenser is the thing that looks like a
capacitor right?  Well the new one was alot bigger then the old one.  The new
points wouldn't close, they too were to big.  I was hoping that the old points
would be alright, but one of them crumbled as I was playing with it
(disturbing reflections of past phrases "You'll go blind").  Does the
crumbling point mean it was bad, or that I shouldn't have played with it?
        I put the hydraulics back on it.  Now that I've done that, is there
anything I should have checked before remounting them?  Is there anything I
can do to check them without removing them again?  Will a flush suffice?  How
do I do it?
        I have points and a coil on order locally at a decent price.  I'm
hoping that I will still be able to get spark just by changing those.
        As for the fuel, does anyone know how to check to see if the fuel that
was in the tank is gummy?  Will it work If I put fuel in it and try to burn it
off?
        Is there a K&N filter set up that I can use to replace the small stock
airbox and filter setup?

        I think that should do it for now.  I'll be full of questions for
everybody later this week as things start to come together.   Thanks alot.
Pete.

---