Brake Caliper swapping. . . TR- 4 to 6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Caliper swapping. . . TR- 4 to 6
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

I never did fix my problem of the right front tire locking up prematurely.
I'd like to do so before buying new tires.

Due to various time / facility restraints, I've thought about seeing if the
problem is in the calipers by taking ones of the (non-running) TR-4 and putting
them on the TR-6. . . at least temporarily.

I thought I'd poll the list and see if anyone knew a reason this wouldn't work.
(I haven't investigated it at all . . . I'll admit it)

I know I made a similar type of error when I tried to put a TR-4 clutch master
cylinder on the TR-6.  The .75" bore was okay (for an early TR-6) but the line
fitting was different.  Who Knew?

Thanks in advance.

Scott in Leesburg,
w/ homeless TR's in the apartment parking lot.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/