radio question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: radio question
From: "Sean Twigg" <stwigg@mail.smcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:35:17 -0400
Everyone,
        Pardon this elementary question.  I obtained an old, mono, AM/FM radio
with
a BL faceplate.  I want to test it out to see if it is working but don't
want to short it, electrocute myself, start a fire, etc.  My problem is that
it only has three wires coming out of the back.  One is black and looks to
be the speaker wire.  The other two are attached to a double male-female
bullet connector like the one used for the seat sensor and the later CEI
distributor connection.  The wires are brown and brown with a faint yellow
or white stripe.   I figure one is the power connection and the other is the
connection for the radio's interior light but I don't know which is which.
I am also assuming that the ground wire attaches to the mounting screw on
the back of the unit.
        If anyone has the same type of unit or has any idea what the connections
should be I would appreciate the help.

Slante,
Sean Twigg
80 Spitfire