Re: Admittedly, I try not to inject politics... (long) a.EDU>

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Admittedly, I try not to inject politics... (long) a.EDU>
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:58:59 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
This ruling by the Supreme Court smacks of all repressive police states,
from the former Soviet Union to many South American nations.  I am utterly
stunned that they upheld the rights of the police to conduct such
unsupported search-and-siezure behaviour.  Not to step on ANY political
toes, I'm concerned that Dubya and the judges he is inclined to offer for
appointment could fit the catagory of giving police greater powers.

What is of concern, is that we should never think, "that will never happen
to me."

It just did, to one of our listers...

Contact you legislators, and get a reading on how they feel about this.

James A. Ruffner