Re: TV

To: "Suzie" <Suzie_Bear@hotmail.com>, "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, "2000 List" <2000-register@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TV
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 23:08:02 +0100
>Graham wrote:
>> Hi John
>> I was just watching Beeb 2 and saw the programme about the
Mannequin
>(model)
>> Gloria. I liked the item you did about the tie in with the Triumph
Gloria,

Suzie wrote:
>Yep, I just saw that too, what a wonderful epitaph, better than any
career
>as a model, well in my books anyway, though I can't imagine anyone
wanting
>to name a car after me :o)

Thank you both for the kind words. I'd forgotten all about it until a
friend rang to say he'd seen it too. Don't know what's likely to
happen tomorrow as the Beeb *promised* me advance notice of the
transmission date so we could tell the owner his car was on telly. He
won't be a happy camper if he missed it as well - and as I'm an ardent
advocate of protecting my backside when someone else screws up, I've
just penned a politely snotty letter to the producer asking for the
two tape copies they promised - but didn't provide.

Cheers
John