fuel pump problems

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pump problems
From: "lmtr4a" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:27:45 -0500
Listers:

About three weeks ago I went to storage to wake up my 65 TR4A. Before
starting I pulled the dip stick and found the level over full. I sniffed the
stick end and it had a faint gas smell! I drove straight home and parked
until I can find out why the gas was in the oil pan. Thinking that it is a
fuel pump problem, I ordered a repair kit from TRF. This afternoon was the
first chance I've had to repair. First problem is that I don't have a three
inch long 1/2 inch open end wrench to remove the back bolt on the pump.
Hey, no problem I'll just take the top off the pump and replace the
diaphragm, screen and gasket. My idea off decapitating the pump worked but
now it refuses to start. Pump glass bowl is bone dry. It is an original pump
with the priming lever.  Help

Lou Metelko                lmtr4a@ctlnet.com
4 miles so far this season!!!!