whew... May I recommend not to try this yourself:

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: whew... May I recommend not to try this yourself:
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:05:43 -0400 |December 14, 2000) at 05/14/2001 09:05:48 PM, Serialize complete at 05/14/2001 09:05:48 PM
Just spent the greater half of the weekend reupholstering just one of my
1971 TR6 seats - still one to go.

Mind you, no one warned me how intense the "71" seats are verses later
models or the TR250s. VicBrit and others provide just enough info to help
you squeak by, but all bets are off on the 1970 to 72 - no instructions in
site! I couldn't even imagine messing with the 1969 seats with the fold
down head rests! If not for the referral and hand holding by one of TRF's
upholsterers, I don't think the seats would have pulled threw ("a little
trade pun"). Also a thank you to those who did offer me some assistance
before this ordeal.

I still could use a few more pointers, if anybody is holding out.

I purchased the foam and vinyl seat kits from TRF. They arrived in two
days! Nice vinyl, and just okay foam. Nowadays, it seems as though no one
manufactures "foam rubber", which are original - and were still in very
good condition. Had I seen the foam kit first hand before purchasing it,
and not for the burlap and a few liner components deteriorating, I might
of reused or salvaged it rather than pay $200 for the new stuff.

Eventually, depending on interest/response, for those who "dare to brave
the beast", I'll document (photo and text) a DIY guide for the 70-72
seats.

On the lighter, I ran into someone on Long Island, who as a novelty
displays in his auto repair shop, an old sign from a now defunct classic
car restoration shop - "Sorry, we no longer redo TR6 seats!"