Re: AAaaRRgghhhh....

To: "Bill Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AAaaRRgghhhh....
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 01:34:41 -0400
        I did the same thing.  After sitting for 15 years, I bought this
GT6.  I cleaned the carb bowls and popped the caps off of the bottom of the
bowl covers.  They are plastic and britle and now broken and don't seal
properly.  The kicker is that they don't need to be clean to work and I
could have left them there without touching them.

> I should have remembered, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.
> While waiting for my SUs to be rebuilt I buffed and polished the fuel
> line banjo fittings until they shined like gold.
> When I fitted my SUs today, and pumped up some fuel pressure they
> LEAKED LIKE SIEVES!!!  Evidently I screwed up the fitting to hose
> crimp..."RatChaFlex", oh well new ones on the way.  Just had to cry
> on someone's shoulder.

---