RE: New to list, and restoring a TR4A

To: Percy <ss180ss@yahoo.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New to list, and restoring a TR4A
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:08:57 -0400
Percy,

Welcome to the list and good luck with the TR4A.  One burning question is...
if the car only has 20 something miles on it how could be in such bad shape.
Was it outside all this time?

A frame off restoration a very major undertaking and many guys just don't
complete it and the car just ends up in pieces.  I would think about geting it
running again and fixing it up as a driver if possible before you take it
apart.  It will give more incentive to get it back together.

Check out my website... there are some good books available on the restoration
process.  You really need to manage it like a formal project and keep good
records, bag every thing and take losts of pictures or video as you
disassemble or you can find yourself in over your head and struggling to get
the car back together.

Just some thoughts

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA