Carb Piston

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Piston
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:34:40 EDT
Now what have I done? Reassembling the carbs (CD175 Strombergs) in the 65 4A
and now the pistons don't move as freely as they did before the disassembly.
They stick in the throat they pass through or, put another way, what goes up
in this case does not come down. Gravity isn't working its magic. They sat --
as they should -- flat on the starter plate but as soon as I manipulated the
choke mechanism, they went up and stayed. Fairly snug. I did thoroughly clean
the piston and the neck/throat/shaft it sits within. Was that too much? Is
this lubed by the oil in the dashpot perhaps? Lubed by anything?
Thanks.

Jim