Carlisle, Road Trip & Ed Woods

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carlisle, Road Trip & Ed Woods
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:23:47 -0400
Hi all,

Well the family made the Carlisle, Pa show a focal point of the weekend.  In
Canada, this past weekend was the first holiday weekend of the summer and we
took advantage of it.  After talking to Ed about some fenders for the '3a
the decision was made to pick them up ourselves in Carlisle.

I gave Ed a call on Thursday night, late notice considering he was leaving
Friday morning!  We packed up the kids Friday night at 9:00pm and headed out
on our little road trip, no plans just go.....

Well, after driving all night, we first went to Hershey and did the
Chocolate Factory with the kids, which they enjoyed.  Then it was onto
Carlisle.  After finding Ed's location and inspected the fenders, paid for
them. They were exactly as he had described to me, no exaggeration just
plain truth. As it turns out many people wanted them, but Ed held to his
word and held them for me.  After a bit of chat we checked out the rest of
the event.  Which was a lot of fun, lots of projects available, I say an
intesting TR4 that could be picked up for cheap.

At about 6:00pm we realized that Gettysburg was less than an hour away and
decided to stay the night there and maybe do a tour if possible. On Sunday,
we did the auto-tour and being really adventurous went to Washington D.C.
The kids loved seeing the White House, Capital Hill, Lincoln Memorial and
the Washington Monument at night.  Stayed the night in Georgetown and did
the tour of Arlington before doing a once over of the monuments again in the
daytime.  We headed out about 7:30pm last night and made it back in time for
my eldest daughter to make it for school.

In Conclusion, in 3 days, 4 States, 7 monuments, 4 "new" fenders, 6 rolls of
film and 2200km ( 1320 miles ) more on the truck.  I would like to give my
most sincere thanks to Ed for going the extra mile to make sure I got my
fenders and willing to put up with my car talk on hot day.

Until the next road trip......

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford Mustang GT  '59
Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra